Hello Everyone, I am Toshendra Sharma, your instructor.
In this (Non-coding) course you will learn how to design or write the actionable RESTful API specifications using API Blueprints. We will also learn how to convert/render them into awesome actionable 2-3 column API docs using a tool within a second & host them live on internet.
You can use the APIs specs to hire a freelancer developer to implement the server side code & pay them based on the specifications.
This course has been created for the people who are:
- Project Managers
- Product Managers/Engineering Managers
- API Designers
- API Testers
For their projects/products to define the specifications of RESTful APIs & also it's documentations which can be embedded anywhere to build the full fledged product. This one hour course will quickly let you build the specifications in one small .apib doc & let you convert into .html page which can be shared with anyone or hosted anywhere.
This API blueprint can also be used to host the API docs at Apiary directly.
If you are excited to create awesome API documentations within an hour then join in the course and learn to build RESTful APIs quickly.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for Product Manager who are exploring best way to design APIs
- This course is also targeted for Engineering Managers
- This course is for API Designer, CTOs, Web Developers who are looking to design effective APIs quickly
- This course is also for technical writers who are looking for easy method to manage API docs online
Intro and Overview 00:04:27
What we will be designing? 00:03:03
Designing APIs and Implementation
What are RESTful APIs and API Blueprint? 00:08:32
Setting up the Editor and Rendering Tool 00:06:31
API Metadata, Name and Description 00:13:37
Resource Groups, Resource and Action 00:13:29
URI Template and Parameters 00:03:29
Certificate of Completion